Dell needs a new set of strategies in order to come out of this turmoil.
- Dell needs to re focus on their vision and business concept. Dell has always been different and unique and also bold in their strategies. Since they were the pioneers in direct sell model and they focused on customer satisfaction more than anything thus also providing customization and increased value for a lesser price. Their strategy was more for less. Dell needs to revisit their original vision and business concept in order to understand the effect of these problems and coming up with solutions.
- Enhancing the customer relationship management process. They need to deal with their customers on a personal level and make up for their follies. Customer satisfaction was their driving force and they need to work on it again.
- To come up with a solution. Dell has been unique in strategies not design of the product since they have always produced their competitor’s products at a lower cost and snatched the market share. They need to look into their costs now in order to identify the areas that are incurring costs unlike before and inefficiencies need to be wiped out in order to gain cost leadership once again. They need to revisit their motto and capitalize on their age old core competencies.
- Feedback from suppliers and customers. This is essential since the company will know where they lack and they can fix their problems especially safety issues with their products that are now a norm.
- Motivating employees to think! Dell needs to work on its human resources by motivating and encouraging their employees to think and come up with new ideas of selling and also solving problems. They need to encourage their employees to come up with new solutions for the company.
These strategies can help Dell come out of this situation gradually and get back to their old position of a successful company. They need to reverse their downfall and hit the market again.
These are excerpts of essays please place order for custom essay paper, term papers, research papers, thesis, dissertation, book reports and case studies.