The limitations of ecommerce for HMV pertain to the following
- The ecommerce option lacks the element of touch and feel and the experience of the product and service
- The high cost of hiring technicians and ecommerce/ internet advertisers and experts
- The increased risk to the site form hackers and malicious third parties
- The restriction imposed by government to adhere to the rules and regulations for ecommerce operations.
- The lack of privacy on the internet.
Some managers regard ecommerce is a fad and not a permanent thing. However this is in fact not true as ecommerce is definitely a viable and permanent alternative of retailing. As a result HMV’s investment in its ecommerce website is worthwhile and beneficial in the long run, especially as its competitors and taking over its markets share by offering their services through ecommerce websites.
These are excerpts of essays please place order for custom essay paper, term papers, research papers, thesis, dissertation, book reports and case studies.