The following are the internal weaknesses of the Anheuser-Busch Company
- The primary economic issue affecting this company’s environment is taxation.
- The company is significantly impacted by federal, state and local taxes, including beer excise taxes. Beer excise taxes are a sin tax, which raise revenue for the government.
- An increase in taxes effects costs to the company, hence, costs to the wholesalers and consumers.
- Anheuser-Busch’s aggressive advertising campaign has targeted more than who they bargained for. Through A-B’s catchy advertisements, they have attracted customers other than the 21+ age group, and recreational drinkers
- Advertising is subject to serious debate and these issues may place constraints on marketing activities and must be taken into consideration.
The company Anheuser-Busch was able to take on the leading role in the international market for beers and alcoholic beverages by using strategies to overcome its weaknesses while making the strengths stronger, these strategies included the use the financial status and position that A-B had to expand significantly into the international market. Moreover the company also invested in creating a profile of innovative drinks that suite the tastes and lifestyles of the different customers in the international market. Aside from this the company also used target marketing techniques to target the different segments of the innovated drink market.
These are excerpts of essays please place order for custom essay paper, term papers, research papers, thesis, dissertation, book reports and case studies.